As a brand-new baby Catholic, who just started by my first full-time job and my first proper blog (it rhymes!),
I can be a little immature…
So, without any compunction, I need to announce that I have received four blog awards in about as many hours.
Thank you to 8 Kids And A Business and The Lonely Pilgrim for nominating me, for posting such supportive comments, and making me feel a little less weird. I love your blogs!!! (See, such immature use of exclamation marks. Tut tut.)
According to the rules, I have to link back to the nominating blogger, share seven things about myself, and then recommend a few other blogs to accept the awards as well.
First up, Seven Things You Are Dying To Know About Me…
- If I wasn’t a Christian, I’d be a Communist or a Muslim.
- I’ve had the same breakfast every day since I was ten.
- When I grow up, I want to be an academic or a princess (as long as I get an ivory tower…)
- I majored in Medieval History and now I work for a Major.
- I love dancing to Beyoncé in the dark.
- I can name every English monarch from William the Conqueror – without a mnemonic
- I’d do anything for my family. Anything.
Secondly, And A Few Blogs I’ve Fallen In Love With…
(I think you have all received this same award but when you’ve been blogging for only 10 days, you have to play it safe with quality. And you’re it! But if you want to share another Seven Things about yourselves, I’d be thrilled.)
- The Reluctant Road To Rome for being the final push that made me actually start blogging. And for being awesome.
- Circle Citadel for combining internet memes, Shostakovich and Our Lady, Exterminatrix of Heresy.
- 8 Kids And A Business for making me laugh and smile and writing so beautifully.
- The Lonely Pilgrim for writing the longest posts that I actually read. All. the. way. through.
- All Along The Watchtower for making me want to flight over to England, have tea and biscuits and soak up a little gentle wisdom.
And just because it’s Friday the 13th…